grate·ful/ˈgrātfəl/
| Adjective: |
| |
| Synonyms: | thankful - appreciative - beholden | |
There are too many reasons to smile and be in awe of the things that surround us. Here is my list to express what has blessed my life TODAY.
1) Roommates. They always look for my best interest, make me giggle and never judge. They are quick to listen or let me be. They aren't crazy controlling neat freaks and we ALL get along.. which was something I feared coming to college.
2) Family. As I was being driven home from the airport last night, my dad was like.."Well, this weekend should be tons of fun! Nana (the one that lives here in Las Vegas) will be coming over, and friends from our ward, it will be great. I was of course so excited! I just agreed with him and we proceeded on. As we got home, my mom told me that I should go set my bags in the newly decorated guest room, hinting that there would be a surprise I expected four little bodies to pop out and scream "WELCOME HOME!!!!". To my SUPER surprise I was greeted by 10 heads! My grandma, uncle, aunt and cute cousins came into town! This made me so happy, I couldn't help but cry tears of joy. I love them! I love every single one of em.
Although I'm still trying to figure out this teenager business. My brother wouldn't give me a hug and I was genuinely disappointed by it. I tried to involve myself with his life and catch up on school, girls, sports, computers games, I don't know... A N Y T H I N G, yet he just sat there and chuckled at me and in a monotone voice said, "Stop being fake. I know what you're trying to do". I laughed and was like,"Homeboy, what are you talking about?" and he just was sassing me! Teenage boys make NO sense. Even though he is too spiffy to tell me the minor details of his life, he's still a cool kid and I love him!
3) Food. I ate dinner.. and was content. Three hours passed and I just sat here plopped on the couch like I would be if I were up at school and thought.. UGH ramen..... hot dogs... blehhh! Then I remembered that I wasn't at school, and ran through our beautiful Food Storage room and sang the "Hallelujah" chorus and ate Fritos and chili and popcorn and a soda... Oh man. Talk about a splurge? It was perfect. I'm just practicing for Thanksgiving dinner. Bring on the stuffing!
4) Smiles. I know this is crazy random but this sweet grandma sat in her wheelchair staring at me at the airport today before I was boarded. It was an extremely uncomfortably happy moment. I love kindness! Even just a friendly smile from a lady in a faux fur coat 4x as big as her body, it was adorable. How can someone not feel happy after that. Man, love it!
5) I have so much to be grateful for, but it's 2:25 AM and my fingers are getting tired. I'll continue this list all week.
To all(if there are any, Ha!) my readers,
Have a great morning and great Thanksgiving.
B
No comments:
Post a Comment