1) I miss my mom. I hit this point here at college where I just was STARVING and tired but had no clue what to make! If anyone knows my mom, she is the best cook around and it's not like I wasn't taught the basic homemaking skills.. but I find myself all the time so confused when it comes to recipes and putting together meals. It's probably because I can't yell into the next room over and be like, "Mom, what's the rice/water ratio again?". Being away from your mom is hard. I'm surviving but it's nothing like I'd imagined.
2) Relationships. The LDS culture emphasizes marriage so much!! I feel like there is no pressure at all. I have years. I know my husband is somewhere out in the world and know that I'll meet him. Why is everyone in a rush? I meet so many young girls that seek after boys.. (specifically return missionary boys!) and honestly just want to SHAKE them! This is the greatest time but you are missing it! Look at the world around us, sure there is commotion and I can't say that the world affairs bring me any peace, but the Lord has blessed us with beautiful opportunities to serve, grow and learn and I feel like many girls my age are missing out.
3) Mission. I went shopping at DI this past weekend and was overcome..almost to tears with joy for my mission. I found the CUTEST skirts that were probably once owned by a cute 80 year old grandma but they are so modest and perfect.. PLUS they were $4, so who cares! The thought that I can spend two years trying to be like Christ everyday and preach the truth is beyond my realm of thinking. I just want to leave now. I've seriously evaluated my life and what I would give up to serve him.. I invite anyone that reads this to do the same because you'll find yourself wanting to perfect yourself and determining the value of your material objects.
4) Letting go. I have decided to go out of my way to feel at peace with everyone. I find it to tempting and easy to slip into a mentality where I either compare myself to others or am a tad on the feisty side and will let people know when I disagree with them....(whoooooops!) I've tried to let any negative feelings go. It's not easy, but I'm learning a lot.
I love my life. It is simply beautiful!
![]() |
| Disclaimer: I had just woken up before we went shopping, I look scary. But this outfit was a STEAL! |

No comments:
Post a Comment